Sunday, January 5, 2014

Week 39 | Alloa, Scotland


Happy New Year! I can’t believe it is already 2014! I honestly don’t know where 2013 went!

 
I don’t remember if I told you, but we have been meeting with Barbara, she is Aimee (a young woman)s friend. She is Polish and super nice. She met with the elders a wee bit but not very much. We see her at least twice a week now. She came to all 3 hours of church yesterday and loved it! I also don’t know if I have told you how awesome the young woman in the Alloa ward are, but they are really great. They all want to come teaching with us, and a few of them talk about missions within the next couple of years!

 
On New Years Eve we were in our flat by 6 and we just ordered in from a kebab place for dinner, and drank Shloer! It was so fun... I got a munchy box.. all to myself. I was hungry! It was delicious! We just played games together and then were in bed on time but set an alarm to wake up at 11:59, high fived at midnight, then went back to sleep. There were fireworks in Sterling that we could hear and kind of see from our flat, so it was good.

 
New Year ’s Day we went with the elders to the Noordas in Sterling. They are a young couple from america. They are so awesome! We watched movies, played games, had fondu and some sweets! We were over there most of the day. We ended the night by going over to the Pryors house for ice cream and another movie. Over the holidays I have officially watched 4 movies: Tangled, Monsters University, The Croods, and Frozen. I miss movies. But it will be good to get back into the routine of things starting today with a normal pday and email time. It’s going to be a great week!

 
Love, Sister Hulet
 

Cool wee story:

I was at Rob and Rachels (a young american couple in the ward) on new years day with the elders and we were all just chilling and watching movies and eating and playing games.. it was so fun. but we were talking about missions and he said something about his cousin in africa then showed me his blog and in one picture i was like... wait.. thats my cousin in the mirror there! so i guess Kole cut his cousins hair the other day or something.. ha it was funny cuz I was like wow small world, our cousins are serving together in Uganda! His cousin in and assistant and so I bet him and kole were on exchanges.. but yeah i thought that was funny.

 

Thanks for all the Christmas stuff and pictures and everything! It was a great holiday season! Love you!

Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment