Monday, December 2, 2013

Week 34 | Hamilton, Scotland

Equis is amazing ice cream!
A munchie box. YUM! (we usually just all
have a fork and sit on the floor and dig in!)

We helped sister Trench make banana bread this week! Very delicious




Thanksgiving was great! Marie took us and the elders to a carvery. It was very delicious! We got turkey, ham, and roast beef with stuffing, potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, veg, and gravy! Which, is like an everyday meal in Scotland, but it was thanksgiving so it tasted even better for me! It was so fun, we just sat and talked and laughed the whole night, then we had cream puffs and ice cream for dessert. Marie told us all more about her glamorous life in England! She lived there a while and owned a salon where she would do famous peoples hair and nails! She has so many amazing stories! Great night!

 

Sunday was a crazy day for me. I had to pray in Relief Society, teach the lesson in gospel principles, and then sing with all the guys in the ward during sacrament meeting..(it was called to serve, so we got pulled into singing it with them all). It was a bit of a hectic day, but everything worked out I suppose! My lesson was on the pre earth life. We just talked a bit about our family atmosphere before we came to earth and gods plan and the trials we will go through on the earth. It was geared a bit towards Marie, and I even asked her to share a story with the class for part of it, and she did brilliant! It was a good day!

 

Funny story of the week:

We were out in Carstairs with the Mitchells. They are awesome by the way and feed us munchie boxes! (a munchie box is just a big pizza box filled with donner meat, chips, chicken pakora, onions, and random things depending on the kind you get. I will send a pictures of its greatness!) anyway.. we had to catch a train home late from Lanark and we barely made it to the station in time and sister Oliphant jumped on first and as I was jumping on, the doors shut and I like awkwardly pulled myself through but my arm got stuck, then my bag and I was so focused on the moment and getting through that  once I was through I realized how loud I was, how long it took, and how hilarious that must've been to watch.. anyways. we made it home in time :)

 

Happy December!

 

Love, Sister Hulet

x

 

pictures:

1. Equis is amazing ice cream!

2. A munchie box. YUM! (we usually just all have a fork and sit on the floor and dig in!)

3-6. We helped sister Trench make banana bread this week! Very delicious

 

.. i am starting to realise most of my mission pictures are food related. Shows how good it is i guess

No comments:

Post a Comment